Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mmmm...fonts

I freaking love fonts.


 When I was taking graphic design classes, I got to learn all about fonts, which was damn sweet. I had delusions of grandeur of creating my own fonts, but those plans fell to the wayside.

Maybe it's because I'm an uber-dork, but I had fun today going through the handwriting fonts on dafont.com and trying to determine how my two main characters would write. Plus I was hunting for the perfect title font, as I'm going to self-publish.

Funny thing about that is that once you've decided on the best possible font, another one comes along that makes you start all over. Such is life.

Back to the handwriting...looking through the fonts was so much fun it got me to imaging what a written conversation would look like between the two. There are a few instances of note-passing in my story, and besides, the idea of giving more of an identity to them was exciting.

Yeah, I'm a dork.

Anyway, I give you a snippet of a written conversation between the two. A found note, if you will.

Enjoy my dorkiness.






FYI - Jonah's handwriting is in MT Matto Script, Evan's is in Fright Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment